I think that presidents have used the term of civil religion to attract voters. The health care debate has epitomized what civil religion is, and also the way religion helps legislation get passed.
I agree 100%. I think that it is not fair that the bill was passed only if limited to no funding would be provided for abortions, just to gain the support of the catholic church. This makes America a big contradiction because we say we practice the idea of church and politics being separated yet this happens. Its amazing to me
Maybe, even if the law says that we should not have religion entangled with the state it still happens. Look at the presidential inaugurations they look like they are in a mass.
I agree 100%. I think that it is not fair that the bill was passed only if limited to no funding would be provided for abortions, just to gain the support of the catholic church. This makes America a big contradiction because we say we practice the idea of church and politics being separated yet this happens. Its amazing to me
ReplyDeleteMaybe, even if the law says that we should not have religion entangled with the state it still happens. Look at the presidential inaugurations they look like they are in a mass.
ReplyDelete