Friday, October 16, 2009
Sabores
During the performance of the students in the auditorium, I had a flashback about an event that really changed my life in this country. It was in the early stages of my time in this country, I heard the voice of Governor Arnold Schawarzenneger speak about the problem about Mexicans in this country, he said: "Mexicans have a problem, they do not understand the way Americans live" and said that he refused to get into the sustem. Then, I remembered how insulted I felt with those words. I remembering ho not every immigrant had the smae opportunities he has, not all have the same body he did and not all are helped by the US President to get a position. I believe he is wrong and those words really hurt me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad you wrote about this. It's important. I look forward to comments made by your classmates on your blogs.
ReplyDeleteI don't even understand Schawarzenneger's comment.
Are our doors open to all still today, or has that time passed?
I think that due to the economy we are very skeptical to whether or not the Dream is still real. But i think that although times a tough we can still pursue it
ReplyDeleteHello Hello,
ReplyDeleteI agree with what you said I felt sort of insulted because in despite of the fact that I am not Mexican they represent a huge number in our country that should not be singled out by Schwarzennegger who is an immigrant himself.